• Free Christmas potluck dinner with neighbours, Cowichan Neighbourhood House, Chemainus, Saturday, Dec. 10, 5 p.m., 6 p.m. And 7 p.m. Family event. Turkey and ham provided, bring a salad, veggies or dessert (no peanuts or bell peppers. RSVP with the number of people you plan to bring and preferred dinner slot. If you can help with cooking and cleaning contact 250-246-3203 or email@example.com
• Crofton Community Centre presents Crofton for Christmas annual Christmas Parade and carol service, Sunday, Dec. 11, 6 p.m. Carol service at Warmland Church, Joan Ave. Hot dogs, hot chocolate, live band. Enter parade: 250-210-1741.
• Cobble Hill Christmas Variety Show, Sunday, Dec. 11, 2-4 p.m., Cobble Hill Hall. Entry by donation to the food bank.
• Canadian Firearms Safety Course, non-restricted and restricted, in Duncan, starts Friday, Jan. 13. Info and registration: Mike 250-748-0319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre bingo Mondays cancelled Dec. 19 and 26.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre muffin mornings cancelled Dec. 9.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Christmas dinner, Dec. 9 and 10, doors open 5 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m., Members $15, guest $20, one per member. Tickets: 9-11 a.m. at the centre. Entertainment by Centre Belles and Gentleman’s Choir.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre New Years Eve Dinner and Dance, Dec. 31, dinner 8 p.m., cost $30. Tickets: 9-11 a.m. at the centre. Dancing to Andy McCormack.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Jan. 14 pancake breakfast, 9-10:30 a.m., $5.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Jan. 14, birthday potluck dinner including Burns Night celebrations, bar and entertainment, 5-8 p.m.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Jan. 18 soup and sandwich, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., $6. Entertainment: Scottish Country Dancers.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Jan. 18 blood pressure clinic, 9:30-11 a.m.
• Duncan Seniors Curling (age 50+) welcomes new members, all skill levels, daytime curling. Beginners welcome. Mondays and Wednesdays. Info: Rick 250-746-4626.
• Cowichan Seniors Community Foundation welcomes volunteers of all ages to provide regular meal service to seniors or random acts of kindness by driving seniors to medical visits. Registration, info: 250-715-6481.
• Mill Bay Carpet Bowling Group meets every Wednesday, 1 p.m., Mill Bay Community League Hall, beside Kerry Park Arena. Info: Jim 250-743-5189 or Pat 250-743-8293.
• Cowichan Kayak and Canoe Club meetings second Tuesday each month except July and August, 7:30 p.m., socializing time 7-7:30 p.m., Seniors Activity Centre, Duncan. Refreshments provided. Info: cowichankayakandcanoe. wordpress.com
• Cowichan Intercultural Society presents Art Healing Series, Wednesdays, 2-3:30 p.m., Mill Bay Library. Meet to paint, draw, sketch and create art pieces. Info: Francoise email@example.com or 250-748-3112.
• Duncan Badminton Club, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8-10 p.m., October through March Multi-purpose Hall, Island Savings Centre. Recreational and competitive. All welcome. Info: 250-746-4380.
• Cowichan Valley Branch, Council of Canadians meets Tuesday, Dec. 13, 7-9 p.m., office of Volunteer Cowichan, basement of Duncan City Hall. Christmas social. Join us for food and talk. Info: Donna Cameron 250-748-2444.
• Codependents Anonymous Duncan meeting Thursdays 7-8:30 p.m., Mondays (except stat holidays) 9:30-10:30 a.m., at 107 Evans St., Duncan. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cowichan Toastmasters Club 950 meets every Wednesday, 7-9 p.m., Island Savings Centre board room.
• Are you concerned about someone’s drinking? Call Alanon, 250-709-7733 (Milt) or 250-749-0134 (Brenda).
• Cowichan Toastmasters Club 950 meets Wednesdays, 7-9 p.m., Island Savings Centre board room.
• TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) non-profit, non-commercial affordable weight loss support organization meets weekly in the Cowichan Valley. Info: 1-800-932-8677 or www.tops.org
• A Christmas Carol, a lively reading, Dec. 17, 7 p.m., Duncan United Church. Tickets $15 each or $35 family, at Duncan United Church, 250-746-6043. Proceeds to church’s Outreach Program and the Hydro and Rental Assistance Fund administered by Cowichan Housing Association.
• Cowichan Valley Heritage Quilters meet Mondays at St. Peter’s Church Hall, Maple Bay Road, Duncan, 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. New members welcome.
• Warmland Calligraphers meet on the second Tuesday of the month at 9 a.m.-noon, Mellor Hall, Cowichan Exhibition grounds. Info: email@example.com or http://members.shaw.ca/warmlandcalligraphers.
• Cowichan Valley Lace Club meets 1st Thursday of the month, St. Peter’s Church hall, downstairs, 10 a.m. Info: Carol 250-416-0644.
• Tzouhalem Spinners and Weavers Guild meets twice a month at St. Peter’s Church Hall, 5800 Church Rd., Duncan. Second Tuesday – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and fourth Tuesday – 7 to 9 p.m. Everyone welcome. Info: www.tswguild.wordpress.com or call Alison 250-746-6330.