• Printmakers Only Group “Meet the Artist” show and sale, Tuesday, Nov. 29, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Telus Theatre Lobby, Island Savings Centre, Duncan.
• Chemainus Sketch Group, Wednesday, Nov. 30, noon, annual Christmas Feast, Cottonwood Golf Club, members welcome.
• Cowichan Valley Heritage Quilters meet Mondays at St. Peter’s Church Hall, Maple Bay Road, Duncan, 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. New members welcome.
• Warmland Calligraphers meet on the second Tuesday of the month at 9 a.m.-noon, Mellor Hall, Cowichan Exhibition grounds. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or http://members.shaw.ca/warmlandcalligraphers.
• Cowichan Valley Lace Club meets 1st Thursday of the month, St. Peter’s Church hall, downstairs, 10 a.m. Info: Carol 250-416-0644.
• Cowichan Valley Artisans year round studio tour: 14 professional studios to explore. From Mill Bay to Ladysmith. Www.cowichanvalleyartisans.com for details of each studio’s hours. Admission free.
• Tzouhalem Spinners and Weavers Guild meets twice a month at St. Peter’s Church Hall, 5800 Church Rd., Duncan. Second Tuesday – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and fourth Tuesday – 7 to 9 p.m. Everyone welcome. Info: www.tswguild.word press.com or call Alison 250-746-6330.
• Freedom Gospel Choir rehearses Tuesdays, 7:30-9 p.m., Sept. 13-April 30. All ages welcome, male singers especially. Student, family rates. Music reading not necessary. Info: Ann Antonides (director) 250-748-5752 or Tanya Gillespie (accompanist).
• Cowichan Camerata String Orchestra rehearsals Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. Classical and light popular music. Youth and adults welcome. Info: Gill 250-701-0748.
• Malahat Legion Music Jam Night is back and looking for bands, musicians and other talent acts to perform. Jam Nights are the 1st and 3rd Friday of the months, 6 p.m. to midnight, 1625 Shawnigan-Mill Bay Road, next to Shawnigan Lake firehall. Food to buy. Info: Chris 250-732-4490.
• Inviting female voices, teens to seniors, for The Rivernotes Choir, meets Mondays, 6-8 p.m., Lake Cowichan Senior Centre, 55 Coronation St. Info: Judith Quinlan 250-749-3728.
• Creative partner-dancing lessons, Tuesdays, 7:30 p.m., Island Oak High School, Duncan. Drop-ins welcome. Info: Josef 250-709-8583.
• Traditional Square Dancing to live music by Shady Grove Dance Band. Caller Peter Sussman. The Hub Koksilah Road, Cowichan Station. Everyone 12 and up. Admission: $5. Dances first Friday of every month, 7:30 p.m. Info: Peter Sussman 250-929-8226.
• Learn to square dance. Lessons at Girl Guide Hall, 321 Cairnsmore St., Duncan. Info: 250-748-6056 or 250-748-9140.
• Cowichan Ballroom Dance Club welcomes all fellow dancers to regular 6:30 p.m. Wednesday night practices at Valley Seniors Centre. Info: 250-597-1132.
• Chemainus Fire Department Christmas Craft Fair, Saturday, Nov. 26, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Chemainus fire hall, 9901 Chemainus Rd. All proceeds to Chemainus Fire Department Bursary Fund.
• St. Michael & All Angels Anglican Church Bazaar, Saturday, Nov. 26, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., full English tea, our ‘Almost Famous Mincemeat’, baking preserves, jewelry, Christmas decorations, gifts, etc.
• Shawnigan Lake Community Centre Craft Fair, Saturday, Nov. 26, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., check out variety of local artisans, free admission, concession open, 2804 Shawnigan Lake Road.
• Mill Bay Craft and Gift Fair, Saturday, Nov. 26, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Mill Bay League Community Hall, next to Kerry Park Arena. Free admission. Baking, sewing, crafts, local artisans, hourly draws, mini-auctions, prizes. Kitchen open with soup and snacks. In support of South Cowichan Healthcare Auxiliary.
• Mill Bay Christmas Variety Show, Sunday, Dec. 4, 6:30-8 p.m., Mill Bay Community League Hall (next to Kerry Park arena). Entry by donation to the food bank.
• Cobble Hill Christmas Variety Show, Sunday, Dec. 11, 2-4 p.m., Cobble Hill Hall. Entry by donation to the food bank.
• Sylvan’s Christmas Tea and Bake Sale, Saturday, Dec. 3, 1-4 p.m., 985 Shawnigan Mill Bay Rd., $10 adults, $5 child, $25 family.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre bingo Mondays are cancelled for Dec. 19 and 26.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre muffin mornings cancelled Dec. 9.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Christmas dinner, Dec. 9 and 10, doors open 5 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m., Members $15, guest $20, one per member. Tickets: 9-11 a.m. at the centre. Entertainment by Centre Belles and Gentleman’s Choir.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre New Years Eve Dinner and Dance, Dec. 31, dinner 8 p.m., cost $30. Tickets: 9-11 a.m. at the centre. Dancing to Andy McCormack.
• Duncan Seniors Curling (age 50+) welcomes new members, all skill levels, daytime curling. Beginners welcome. Mondays and Wednesdays. Info: Rick 250-746-4626.
• Mill Bay Carpet Bowling Group meets every Wednesday, 1 p.m., Mill Bay Community League Hall, beside Kerry Park Arena. Info: Jim 250-743-5189 or Pat 250-743-8293.
• Cowichan Kayak and Canoe Club meetings second Tuesday each month except July and August, 7:30 p.m., socializing time 7-7:30 p.m., Seniors Activity Centre, Duncan. Refreshments provided. Info: cowichankayakandcanoe.wordpress.com
• Cowichan Intercultural Society presents Art Healing Series, Wednesdays, 2-3:30 p.m., Mill Bay Library. Meet to paint, draw, sketch and create art pieces. Info: Francoise email@example.com or 250-748-3112.
• Duncan Badminton Club, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8-10 p.m., October through March Multi-purpose Hall, Island Savings Centre. Recreational and competitive. All welcome. Info: 250-746-4380.
• Youth rowing program, Cowichan Bay Maritime Centre, for ages 10-14. Get some rowing experience with summer staff Thursdays 4-6 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m.-noon. $10 drop-in fee, call ahead to reserve a place: 250-746-4955.
• Codependents Anonymous Duncan meeting Thursdays 7-8:30 p.m., Mondays (except stat holidays) 9:30-10:30 a.m., at 107 Evans St., Duncan. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Are you concerned about someone’s drinking? Call Alanon, 250-709-7733 (Milt) or 250-749-0134 (Brenda).
• Cowichan Valley Prostate Cancer Support Group meetings held the last Thursday of each month from 2-4 p.m., 394 Duncan St. Info: Gord Thomas 250-743-6960 or Brian King 250-748-5785.