• Free Christmas potluck dinner with neighbours, Cowichan Neighbourhood House, Chemainus, Saturday, Dec. 10, 5 p.m., 6 p.m. And 7 p.m. Family event. Turkey and ham provided, bring a salad, veggies or dessert (no peanuts or bell peppers. RSVP with the number of people you plan to bring and preferred dinner slot. If you can help with cooking and cleaning contact 250-246-3203 or email@example.com
• Crofton Community Centre presents Crofton for Christmas annual Christmas Parade and carol service, Sunday, Dec. 11, 6 p.m. Carol service at Warmland Church, Joan Ave. Hot dogs, hot chocolate, live band. Enter parade: 250-210-1741.
• Cobble Hill Christmas Variety Show, Sunday, Dec. 11, 2-4 p.m., Cobble Hill Hall. Entry by donation to the food bank.
• Canadian Firearms Safety Course, non-restricted and restricted, in Duncan, starts Friday, Jan. 13. Info and registration: Mike 250-748-0319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre bingo Mondays cancelled Dec. 19 and 26.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre muffin mornings cancelled Dec. 9.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Christmas dinner, Dec. 9 and 10, doors open 5 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m., Members $15, guest $20, one per member. Tickets: 9-11 a.m. at the centre. Entertainment by Centre Belles and Gentleman’s Choir.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre New Years Eve Dinner and Dance, Dec. 31, dinner 8 p.m., cost $30. Tickets: 9-11 a.m. at the centre. Dancing to Andy McCormack.
• Duncan Seniors Curling (age 50+) welcomes new members, all skill levels, daytime curling. Beginners welcome. Mondays and Wednesdays. Info: Rick 250-746-4626.
• Cowichan Seniors Community Foundation welcomes volunteers of all ages to provide regular meal service to seniors or random acts of kindness by driving seniors to medical visits. Registration, info: 250-715-6481.
• Valley Seniors Duncan, dance and social every Wednesday, 3-5 p.m., dance to ‘50s and ‘60s music, first time attendees are free. Info: Ron 250-929-0705.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre muffin mornings Wednesdays and Fridays 9:30-11 a.m.; Bingo every Monday, doors open at 4:45 p.m. starts at 6:40 p.m. Loonie Pot, G-Ball, Bonanza, & 50/50 draw.
• Lake Cowichan’s air-conditioned 50 Plus Activity Centre open 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday. Bridge, canasta, cribbage, shuffleboard, pool, line dancing, music. Exercises 9:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Bingo for over 19 Wednesday, 1 p.m. and Sunday, 7 p.m. Kitchen serves home-made lunches, 11 a.m.-1:15 p.m., weekly specials. Banquets, bazaars and bus trips organized throughout the year. More volunteers wanted. Info: 250-749-6121.
• Valley Seniors Activity Centre, 198 Government St., Duncan open 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday to Friday, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. $20 per year. Carpet bowling, cribbage, billiards crafts, bridge, choir, bus trips on our own bus. Live music Mondays and Wednesdays 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Dances every 1st and 3rd Saturday evening 7:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m. Open to public for Bingo each Tuesday. Many special events throughout the year. Check out Monthly Newsletter at valley-seniors.org and consider membership if you’re 55 years or older. Info: 250-746-4433.Info: 250-746-4433 or www.valley-seniors.org
• Mill Bay Carpet Bowling Group meets every Wednesday, 1 p.m., Mill Bay Community League Hall, beside Kerry Park Arena. Info: Jim 250-743-5189 or Pat 250-743-8293.
• Cowichan Kayak and Canoe Club meetings second Tuesday each month except July and August, 7:30 p.m., socializing time 7-7:30 p.m., Seniors Activity Centre, Duncan. Refreshments provided. Info: cowichankayakandcanoe.wordpress.com
• Cowichan Intercultural Society presents Art Healing Series, Wednesdays, 2-3:30 p.m., Mill Bay Library. Meet to paint, draw, sketch and create art pieces. Info: Francoise email@example.com or 250-748-3112.
• Duncan Badminton Club, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8-10 p.m., October through March Multi-purpose Hall, Island Savings Centre. Recreational and competitive. All welcome. Info: 250-746-4380.
• Cowichan Valley Branch, Council of Canadians meets Tuesday, Dec. 13, 7-9 p.m., office of Volunteer Cowichan, basement of Duncan City Hall. Christmas social. Join us for food and talk. Info: Donna Cameron 250-748-2444.
• Codependents Anonymous Duncan meeting Thursdays 7-8:30 p.m., Mondays (except stat holidays) 9:30-10:30 a.m., at 107 Evans St., Duncan. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cowichan Toastmasters Club 950 meets every Wednesday, 7-9 p.m., Island Savings Centre board room.
• Are you concerned about someone’s drinking? Call Alanon, 250-709-7733 (Milt) or 250-749-0134 (Brenda).
• A Christmas Carol, a lively reading, Dec. 17, 7 p.m., Duncan United Church. Tickets $15 each or $35 family, at Duncan United Church, 250-746-6043. Proceeds to church’s Outreach Program and the Hydro and Rental Assistance Fund administered by Cowichan Housing Association.
• Cowichan Valley Heritage Quilters meet Mondays at St. Peter’s Church Hall, Maple Bay Road, Duncan, 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. New members welcome.
• Warmland Calligraphers meet on the second Tuesday of the month at 9 a.m.-noon, Mellor Hall, Cowichan Exhibition grounds. Info: email@example.com or http://members.shaw.ca/warmlandcalligraphers.
• Cherry Point artists weekly painting sessions (September to June), Thursdays, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at Mellor hall Cowichan Exhibition fairgrounds. Experienced and beginners welcome. Info: Jack 250-746-4795 or Linda 250-597-1108.
• Cowichan Valley Artisans year round studio tour: 14 professional studios. From Mill Bay to Ladysmith. cowichan valleyartisans.com for details of each studio’s hours. Admission free.