• Chemainus Sketch Club Meet-up, Sept. 14, 9:30 a.m., Fuller Lake Arena. New members welcome. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ladysmith Camera Club hosts “Cuba Adelante”, photographic essay of Cuba’s visual cultures by Marshall Soules, Ladysmith author, educator and photographer. Tuesday, Sept. 27, 7 p.m., Hardwick Hall, High Street at 3rd Avenue, Ladysmith. Non-members $5 drop-in fee. Info: www.LadysmithCameraClub.com
• Cowichan Valley Heritage Quilters meet Mondays at St. Peter’s Church Hall, Maple Bay Road, Duncan, 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. New members welcome.
• Warmland Calligraphers meet on the second Tuesday of the month at 9 a.m.-noon, Mellor Hall, Cowichan Exhibition grounds. Info: email@example.com or http://members.shaw.ca/warmlandcalligraphers.
• Cowichan Camerata String Orchestra rehearsals Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. Enjoyable Classical as well as light popular music. Youth and Adults welcome. Info: 250-701-0748.” This season we are celebrating our 10th anniversary as a non-profit community string orchestra in Duncan.
• Freedom Gospel Choir rehearses Tuesdays, 7:30-9 p.m., Sept. 13-April 30. All ages welcome, male singers especially. Student, family rates. Music reading not necessary. Info: Ann Antonides (director) 250-748-5752 or Tanya Gillespie (accompanist).
• Creative partner-dancing lessons, Tuesdays, 7:30 p.m., Island Oak High School, Duncan. Drop-ins welcome. Info: Josef 250-709-8583.
• Traditional Square Dancing to live music by Shady Grove Dance Band. Caller Peter Sussman. The Hub Koksilah Road, Cowichan Station. Everyone 12 and up, bring a partner or find one at the dance. Admission: $5. Dances first Friday of every month, 7:30 p.m. Info: Peter Sussman 250-929-8226.
• Argentine Tango Classes: Teens through Seniors. No partner required. For schedule call 250-743-5995.
• Belly dance classes. Call Lynene 250-746-1077. Beginner to advanced.