• Living with Stroke, eight-week interactive program to help stroke survivors and caregivers, Oct. 2-Nov. 20, Fridays 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Duncan library. Register: 1-888-473-4636.
• Cowichan Intercultural Society presents advice session on improving your employment outcomes with Gaya Laflamme, head of Human Resources for the Municipality of North Cowichan. How to write a resume, cover letter, impress in an interview. Oct. 22, 7-9 p.m. Info: 250-748-3112.
• Glenora Haunted Hall Oct. 30-31, 6-8 p.m. Beware and bring a food bank item.
• Craft Fair, Oct. 31, Duncan Seniors Activity Centre, 198 Government St. Book your table now, $15. Info: 250-746-4433.
• Lake Cowichan Golden Agers’ Fall Bazaar, Saturday, Nov. 7, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. At 50 Plus Activity Centre, 55 Coronation St. Vendors needed, table rental $15. New and used items, baking, crafts. Info: 250-749-6121.
• Canadian Firearm Safety course (non-restricted and restricted) starting Friday, Nov. 13, Duncan. Registration and information: Mike 250-748-0319 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cowichan Intercultural Society presents basic automechanics and tips on how to buy a good used car with Ryan Gough, automechanics teacher at Cowichan Secondary. Nov. 19, 7-9 p.m. Info: 250-748-3112.
• Cobble Hill Christmas Variety Show, Sunday, Nov. 29, 6:30-8 p.m., Cobble Hill Community Hall. Entry is a donation to the Mill Bay food bank.
• Mill Bay Christmas Variety Show, Sunday, Dec. 6, 6:30-8 p.m., Mill Bay Community League Hall. Entry is a donation to the Mill Bay food bank.
Click on the image below for a photo gallery from the Fleece and Fibre Festival
• Physical Literacy 101: Friday, Oct. 23 9-11:30 a.m., Cowichan Performing Arts Centre and Saturday Oct. 24, 9-11:30 a.m., Island Savings Centre. Info: 250-748-7529.
• Cowichan Kayak and Canoe Club meetings second Tuesday each month except July and August, 7:30 p.m., socializing time 7-7:30 p.m., Seniors Activity Centre, Duncan. Refreshments provided. Info: cowichankayakandcanoe.wordpress.com
• Cowichan Intercultural Society presents Art Healing Series, Wednesdays, 2-3:30 p.m., Mill Bay Library. Meet to paint, draw, sketch and create art pieces. Info: Francoise email@example.com or 250-748-3112.
• Duncan Badminton Club, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8-10 p.m., October through March Multi-purpose Hall, Island Savings Centre. Recreational and competitive. All welcome. Info: 250-746-4380.
• Youth rowing program, Cowichan Bay Maritime Centre, for ages 10-14. Get some rowing experience with summer staff Thursdays 4-6 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m.-noon. $10 drop-in fee, call ahead to reserve a place: 250-746-4955.
• All-ages chess club: all skill levels and ages welcome to play and learn chess in supportive, fun environment. Mondays 6-8 p.m., Duncan library gathering place or available tables.
• Cowichan Fly Fishers meets 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month at the Air Cadet Hall, Gibbins Road. Doors open 7 p.m. Open to all ages and skill levels. Info: www.cowichanflyfishers.com
• Seniors Dragon Boating, Monday and Thursday mornings 9:30 a.m., Hecate Park. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Alpha at Duncan Christian Reformed Church, dinner and conversation, ask anything about life, faith and God, Thursdays, Sept. 24-Nov. 19, info: 250-748-2122 or email@example.com
• Cowichan Valley Prostate Cancer Support Group meetings held the last Thursday of each month from 2-4 p.m. Cancer Society office, 394 Duncan St. Info: Gord Thomas 250-743-6960 or Brian King 250-748-5785.
• Is food a problem for you? Overeaters Anonymous is here to help. Meetings Sunday morning, Thursday evening. For meeting times call 250-746-9366 or go to www.oa.org/membersgroups/find-a-meeting/
• Duncan PROBUS Club meets 10 a.m. every third Tuesday of the month at the Cowichan Golf Club. Membership information: www.probusduncan.ca
• Cowichan 950 Toastmasters meets Wednesdays 7-9 p.m., Island Savings Centre, Duncan. Info: www.cowichantoastmasters.com
• Silverbridge Toastmasters meets every Tuesday, Island Savings Rec. Centre, Duncan, noon to 1 p.m. Learn and improve public speaking and communications skills. Info: www.cowichantoastmasters.com
• TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) Cowichan Valley chapters meetings: BC 1376, Wednesdays, 6 p.m., Sundance Room, Duncan United Church; BC 4311, Thursdays, 4:30 p.m., Kidz Co 2, 2739 James St.; BC 1395 Thursdays, 8:30 a.m., Alano Building, 107 Evans St.; BC 2933, Tuesdays, 8:30 a.m., Dining Room, 3550 Watson Rd., Cobble Hill; BC 5295, Wednesdays, 5 p.m., 9909 Esplanade St., Chemainus. Info: Dianne 250-743-1851 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Diggers Club of Cowichan meets the second Wednesday of the month, Chemainus United Church, 7 p.m. Come meet other collectors and see and hear about collections. Refreshments served. Info: 250-748-5707.
• Ladysmith Camera Club presents Portrait Photography with Kurt Knock, Tuesday, Oct. 27, 7 p.m., Hardwick Hall, High Street at 3rd Avenue, Ladysmith. Non-members $5 drop-in fee. Info www.LadysmithCameraClub.com
• Ladysmith Camera Club presents The Naturalist as Photographer with Ladysmith-based naturalist, author and photographer Bruce Whittington, Tuesday, Nov. 24, 7 p.m., Harwick Hall, High Street at 3rd Avenue. Non-members $5 drop-in fee. Info: www.LadysmithCameraClub.com
• Country gospel artist Belly Chernoff presents a concert Nov. 7, 7 p.m., Lake Cowichan Baptist Church, and Nov. 8, 10:30 a.m., Lake Cowichan Fellowship Church. No cover charge. Info: Gary Dyck 250-745-3808.
• Inviting female voices, teens to seniors, for The Rivernotes Choir, meets Mondays, 6-8 p.m., Lake Cowichan Senior Centre, 55 Coronation St. Info: Judith Quinlan 250-749-3728.
• Like to sing? Join Medford Singers. Rehearsals Wednesdays, 6:45 p.m., Duncan United Church. Men welcome. Director Simon Leung. Info: Michele 250-748-0287.