Since Tom Wilson bought Island Motorcycle Company two years ago, the store has undergone some big changes, and Vancouver Island riders are enjoying the benefits.
“He’s brought in lots of energy and ideas,” says general manager Bill Wellbourn. “He took us from single-line dealer to five brands, and added second location.”
Now the renovations are complete and Island Motorcycle Company is ready to celebrate its newest addition: Indian Motorcycles. The legendary brand was America’s first motorcycle company, and their modern steeds still boast that retro style and formidable power!
Celebrate the grand opening of Indian Motorcycle at Island Moto!
This Sunday, March 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., stop by Island Motorcycle Company at 2956 Westshore Parkway. There’s lots to see and do, and everyone’s welcome. The Mayor of Langford will be on hand to cut the ribbon at noon and no matter what brand you’re riding (or dream of riding) you’ll find plenty of fun and fast bikes.
- One Day Sale! All in-stock Indian Motorcycles and gear is on sale for one day only. Meet the new line-up of 2020 Indian Motorcycles and fall in love!
- Safety First! Chat with representatives from the Vancouver Island Safety Council, Cedar Motorcycle Riding School, and Advanced Rider Training to learn about training courses in your area so you can ride with confidence.
- Community! Looking for a group to ride with? Many of the Island’s clubs and communities will be there to talk about what they do. “It’s a really positive thing for the community,” Wellbourn says.
- Brand New Bikes! The 2020 Indian Challenger hit the streets just a month ago, and Island Motorcycle Co. has one for you to ogle. Boasting state-of-the-art technology, it’s the latest and greatest from Indian Motorcycles.
- Prizes! The first 50 visitors get a free Indian Motorcycle T-shirt, so you better get there early! Hang around for other fun prizes through the day.
- Dazzling Demonstrations! Ryan Austin from Advanced Rider Training will demonstrate his serious skills on the Indian Challenger, burning rubber and turning heads. “He takes these big bikes and whips them around like nothing,” Wellbourn says.
- Testrides! Don’t just stand there…weather permitting, you can suit up and take an escorted test ride. Get a feel for the power and agility of these amazing machines.
- Good Eats and Good Tunes! Two food trucks will be on site and music too, so put up your feet and stay awhile!