Former North Cowichan councillor David Haywood is looking to re-acquire his seat in the coming municipal election.
Haywood served as a councillor from 2000 to 2011, spending all 10 years on the finance and administration committee, the public works committee, which included three years as chair, and on the joint utilities board.
Further, he spent three years as a Cowichan Valley Regional District Director and three years serving as the Parks and Recreation Commission Chair.
Among his other elected community service positions have been:
• 10 years as a school board trustee for District 65 (Two years as chair)
• Chair of the join CVRD – School District Cowichan Community Centre committee that built the community centre facility
• Six years on the Island Savings Centre Commission (2006-2011)
• Six years on the Vancouver Island Regional Library Board
David Haywood’s priorities for the 2018-2022 council are:
• Protect property tax from future provincial downloading
• Keep any future residential property tax increase at a minimum
• Settle the Chemainus well water dispute with the Halalt band
• Complete a new RCMP building and regionally funded policing costs
• Regional funding for the Cowichan Theatre and Chesterfield track
David Haywood retired in 2000 after 37 years working in the pulp and paper industry with BCFP and subsidiary companies, in senior employee relations in Victoria, Vancouver and the Crofton pulp and paper operation. For more information call 250-748-7585.