Elizabeth Croft is running for a seat on school board.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve these past four years as a school trustee in our beautiful Cowichan Valley. I hope to earn your vote to be re-elected to serve for another term.
With your support, the district became a leader in transformational learning, welcomed growing enrolment, smaller class sizes, and better support for special needs students. We’ve also moved to the next phase in advocating for a new Cowichan Secondary School.
I look forward to working with the community to deliver the best education for our kids!
• Plan new schools and infrastructure improvements
• Advocate to local government and developers to designate land for future schools.
• Balance capital and operations resources so students and teachers have the tools they need everyday
• Advocate to green-light a new Cowichan Secondary School
• Develop resources and practices to help families prepare their kids to start Kindergarten – so all kids are ready to enjoy learning.
Reporting Student Progress
• Support teachers and parents to tailor reporting so everyone is current, informed and engaged.
• Continue to identify all students who need extra support and respond when parents advocate for their kids.
• We have the heart and resources to reach a 95 per cent graduation rate — let’s make this happen by 2022!
• Work with educators and First Nations to create welcoming school cultures and increase First Nations graduation rates.
I made commitments to you in 2014. Working with fellow trustees, we’ve made the following come true:
• Video of open meetings available online
• Added online surveys to public consultation, increasing input from a handful of responses to hundreds
• Invited many staff, students and organizations to present at open board meetings
• I encouraged 2016 MLA candidates to include a new Cowichan Secondary in their campaign platforms
• Cowichan has embraced transformational learning and is one of the leading districts in B.C. Educators come to Cowichan to learn from our success.
• Exceptional growth in trades, dual credit and apprenticeship programs
Health & Wellness
• Effective deployment and monitoring of new practices, for a safe, positive workplace.
• We welcomed the Rotary Starfish Backpack program that sends food home on weekends, and Nourish Cowichan to delivers daily hot breakfasts to schools
• Eliminated for in catchment students
It’s been a great run, and there are wonderful things on the horizon. Please vote for Elizabeth Croft for School Trustee and help put Cowichan Students First!