Lura McCallum is running for a seat on Duncan city council.
For 26 years I have co-owned a commercial property and run my business, paid taxes and provided employment in the City of Duncan.
I immigrated to Canada from South Africa as an entrepreneur, which required I provide employment for Canadians. For many years I had more than 20 employees. I am a qualified diagnostic radiography technician, yoga instructor and an appointed marriage commissioner, doing weddings all over the Valley.
I love this city and how warm and welcoming the residents have always been towards me. It is where I work, shop and dine out with my grandchildren. It is where I walk my dog, Bella, in McAdam Park. Duncan is where my heart is, it is my home.
I am committed to efficiently and diligently tackling the problems we are facing. I am eager to collaborate with the city and our closest neighbours to implement workable solutions for the greater good of our community.
• Rein in skyrocketing taxes and work for responsible and accountable expenditure of tax dollars.
• Find an acceptable and workable solution for the growing homeless population.
• Manage the opioid crisis, ensuring a safe and friendly neighbourhood.
• Support our senior citizens
• create and encourage an environment that will bring business and jobs to the city.
If my values resonate with yours, then please vote for me on Oct. 20.
Contact Lura McCallum at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 250-748-3839.