Chip bag kills Lab puppy

Lake Cowichan – I am writing this letter to make people aware of a silent killer they may have in their home and not even know it.

Chip bags – taco, Dorito, popcorn – you know those cellophane ones that snacks come in. Last week my son’s family lost their beautiful 14-monthold lab Moose to a chip bag. He suffocated.

Our family have never heard of the danger to our pets from these bags. So please, when you buy that next bag don’t leave it open where your pet can get it, dump it into a bowl and cut the bag open before you put it in the trash or recycle.

Our whole family is devastated by his loss, as we have always had these snack bags around not knowing they posed such a risk.

Margaret Ryan

Lake Cowichan