Downtown Duncan fire call finds faulty air conditioner

Duncan volunteer firefighters were called out to popular downtown sushi restaurant Nha Trang Friday morning at about 10 a.m. with reports of a structure fire.

The smell of smoke drifted out onto Kenneth Street as firefighters took apart an air conditioning unit on the roof of the building as spectators looked on.

Duncan Fire Chief Mike McKinlay confirmed that there was no blaze and the smoke was the result of the air conditioner failing.

Fire trucks, an ambulance, BC Hydro and Terasen Gas trucks responding to the scene blocked the road as passers-by watched emergency crews work.

The restaurant was quickly back open for business.

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in your inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up
Pop-up banner image