North Cowichan/Duncan RCMP have not found any further evidence to support allegations made last month that there were a number of sexual assaults on the grounds of Cowichan District Hospital in Duncan, and they have closed their file.
The RCMP say there has been an extensive investigation after third party reports of the assaults that were said to have happened between Nov. 2 and Nov. 17, 2020.
A media release was issued on Nov. 19 as the RCMP encouraged victims and/or witnesses to come forward with any information they might have as it was believed there may be information that has not yet been brought forward.
“Despite a thorough investigation into the matter to date, further evidence has not been obtained to support the allegations of sexual assaults occurring outside of the Cowichan District Hospital,” said a press release Wednesday, Nov. 9.
“Anyone with information is still encouraged to come forward, but barring any further evidence to support the allegations, the file will be concluded at this time.”