The free ride is at an end.
Beginning June 1, fare collection and front door boarding started again in the Cowichan Valley Commuter, local transit, and handyDART services, and indeed across the province.
During the week of June 1 to June 7, monthly passes from March, 2020 and January to April, 2020 semester passes will continue to be accepted as methods of payment.
Transit fare products can be purchased at the following outlets:
• CVRD Head Office,175 Ingram St.: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Town of Ladysmith Municipal Hall, 410 Esplanade Ave.: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Kerry Park Recreation Centre, 1035 Shawnigan Lake-Mill Bay Rd.: Monday and Wednesday 12 p.m. – 6 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday 12 p.m. – 4 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• Cowichan Lake Community Services, 121 Point Ideal Drive
• Walmart at Cowichan Commons (Lotto Centre), 3020 Drinkwater Rd.
• 49th Parallel Grocery in Ladysmith, 1020 1st Ave.
• RX Drug Mart (Coronation Square), 370 Trans-Canada Hwy.
• Salish Sea Market in Chemainus, 2835 Oak St.
• Galletto Market & Deli in Crofton,1602 Joan Ave.
Partial refunds will be offered for March, 2020 Cowichan Transit service monthly passes and January to April, 2020 semester passes. Refund requests can be made to the CVRD Transit Division in person at the CVRD head office located at 175 Ingram St. in Duncan between June 15 and July 31, 2020 or by mail. If applying for a refund, please submit the refund request form and the corresponding monthly pass or semester pass. Refunds will be issued by cheque and will be mailed.
To download the transit refund application form and find more information about Cowichan transit services, visit www.cvrd.bc.ca/transit.