On behalf of the Clements Centre Society I wish to extend my sincere gratitude for the terrific turnout at the 2015 Run for the Claus. Over 300 energetic souls braved the elements; donned Santa Claus suits and participated in a three-kilometre stomp or six-kilometre run through the streets of Duncan, all in support of the Centre.
The warm-up festivities and the finish line nourishment were an added bonus. Again, I wish to thank the many volunteers who stepped up to care for us and the sponsors who provided much needed energy. It’s difficult to acknowledge everyone, but a few notables come to mind, including:
• Alan and Allison Crisp
• Adrian, Chantal, Justin and Mackenzie of WestCoast Prefab
• Ashley Crisp of Mint Holdings
• Ian Clarke at Island Kung Fu
• Purica Recovery and the Watkins family
• Starbucks Coffee and its Duncan Manager, Heather Smith
• The Lazenby family
• Macdonalds of Duncan
• Norm Jackson and his inimitable emcee role
• Terry Shepard and the Rotary Club of Duncan for road marshalling
• Warm-up exercise program by Morne Van Niekerk
• Carol and Terry Stenberg
• John Dewer of Maxxam Insurance
• The supportive team at Staples-Duncan
• Experience Cycling
The tremendous outpouring of community support is impressive and contagious. As we look forward to 2016 let’s encourage many more friends and family to join in this fun-filled jaunt.
If you’re in the neighbourhood, please don’t hesitate to drop into our centre. I welcome the chance to show you how we assist children and youth with developmental needs and adults with developmental disabilities reach their full potential.
I am pleased to report that, with our community’s continued support we are better able to help the people we serve.
Clements Centre Society