Fireworks led to Red Dog’s untimely death
It’s been 10 years since our dear friend panicked at the sound of fireworks on the August long weekend. He ran blindly away from the noise and was struck and killed on the highway a mile away.
Red Dog was one of nature’s gentlemen. He was the neighbourhood ambassador and welcomed everyone. Whenever we would arrive for time at our lake, he would come running and lean upon your leg and when we went for a walk, he went along as a guide. He had the most endearing habit of always taking something home to his dog house.
Whenever a shoe or T-shirt (or even a beer can!) went missing, we knew exactly where to look. Everyone in the area knew his name and we were all so sad at his unfortunate demise.
Please remember to think of your pets this holiday long weekend.