• Ladysmith Camera Club presents Portrait Photography with Kurt Knock, Tuesday, Oct. 27, 7 p.m., Hardwick Hall, High Street at 3rd Avenue, Ladysmith. Non-members $5 drop-in fee. Info www.LadysmithCameraClub.com
• Cherry Point artists weekly painting sessions (September to June), Thursdays, 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Cowichan Exhibition fairgrounds. Experienced and beginners welcome. Info: Jack 250-746-4795 or Linda 250-597-1108.
• Warmland Calligraphers meet on the second Tuesday of the month at 9 a.m.-noon, Mellor Hall, Cowichan Exhibition grounds. Info: email@example.com or http://members.shaw.ca/warmlandcalligraphers.
• Cowichan Valley Artisans year round studio tour: 14 professional studios to explore. From Mill Bay to Ladysmith. Www.cowichanvalleyartisans.com for details of each studio’s hours. Admission free.
• Inviting female voices, teens to seniors, for The Rivernotes Choir, meets Mondays, 6-8 p.m., Lake Cowichan Senior Centre, 55 Coronation St. Info: Judith Quinlan 250-749-3728.
• Like to sing? Join Medford Singers. Rehearsals Wednesdays, 6:45 p.m., Duncan United Church. Men welcome. Director Simon Leung. Info: Michele 250-748-0287.
• Encore! Women’s Choir meets Monday evenings, Duncan. Seeking motivated women ages 18-plus who read music and enjoy singing repertoire that is challenging, yet fun! Info: Christine Dandy, 250-715-1568.
• Cowichan Consort Orchestra rehearsal Mondays, 7:30 p.m. Sylvan United Church. Come play with us. All strings welcome. Info: 748-8982.
• Traditional Square Dances: come and dance with us to live music by Shady Grove Dance Band first Friday of every month. No experience or partner needed. Ages 12 and up, $5, at The Hub, Cowichan Station. Info: Peter 250-929-8226.
• Learn to square dance. Lessons at Girl Guide Hall, 321 Cairnsmore St., Duncan. Info: 250-748-6056 or 250-748-9140.
• Cowichan Valley Scottish Country Dancers, 6:30 p.m. every Thursday at Chemainus Seniors Centre. Singles and couples welcome.