Click on the image below for a photo gallery
• Cowichan Intercultural Society presents basic automechanics and tips on how to buy a good used car with Ryan Gough, automechanics teacher at Cowichan Secondary. Nov. 19, 7-9 p.m. Info: 250-748-3112.
• Labour of Love Bazaar and Tea, Saturday, Nov. 21, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., St. John’s, Duncan, 486 Jubilee St. Handicrafts, baking and attic treasures.
• St. Michael and All Angels Anglican Church Bazaar, Saturday, Nov. 28, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 2858 Mill St., Chemainus. Full Christmas Tea available, baking, mincemeat, preserves, Christmas crafts, gift items and more.
• Cobble Hill Christmas Variety Show, Sunday, Nov. 29, 6:30-8 p.m., Cobble Hill Community Hall. Entry is a donation to the Mill Bay food bank.
• Mill Bay Christmas Variety Show, Sunday, Dec. 6, 6:30-8 p.m., Mill Bay Community League Hall. Entry is a donation to the Mill Bay food bank.
• Evergreen Cremation Centre in partnership with Cowichan Valley Auto invites you to drop off a non-perishable food item to cremation centre at 17 Gatacre St., Ladysmith, Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., fill in ballot for chance to win use of any vehicle on the lot of Cowichan Valley Auto for weekend of your choice. Food items accepted until mid-December. Winner notified by phone.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre muffin mornings Wednesdays and Fridays 9:30-11 a.m. except Wednesday, Nov. 18.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Drop-in Centre blood pressure clinic Wednesday, Nov. 18, 9:30-11 a.m.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Drop-in Centre soup and sandwich Wednesday, Nov. 18, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Drop-in Centre annual general meeting, Thursday, Nov. 19, 10 a.m. Elections to take place.
• Winter Nights Coffee House, 50 Plus Activity Centre, 55 Coronation St., Lake Cowichan, Nov. 21, 5:30-8:30 p.m. with the Goodtime Boys and the Four Cowichan Lake Tenors. Coffee, tea and snacks for sale. Admission $5. Info: 250-749-6121.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Drop-in Centre pot luck birthday party, Saturday, Nov. 21, 5-8 p.m.
• Lake Cowichan’s 50 Plus Activity Centre hopping from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Home-made lunches 11 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Tuesday savoury pie day, Thursday sweet pie day, Friday dinner specials. Fall Bazaar Nov. 7, Christmas Banquet Dec. 5. Info: 250-749-6121.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Drop-in Centre Men’s Bake Sale, Saturday, Dec. 5, 10 a.m. to noon.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Drop-in Centre Concerts on Screen Sundays, Dec. 6, 13, and 20, 2-4 p.m.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Drop-in Centre Christmas Dinners, Friday and Saturday, Dec. 11 and 12. Doors open 5 p.m., cost $15 members, $20 guests. Entertainment by the ladies and men’s choirs. Tickets on sale at AGM Nov. 19.
• Chemainus Seniors Drop-in Centre Drop-in Centre New Year’s Eve Dinner and Dance Dec. 31, doors open 6 p.m., dinner 7 p.m., dancing and fun to Andy McCormack. Tickets $30 on sale at AGM, Nov. 19.
• Mill Bay Carpet Bowling Group meets every Wednesday, 1 p.m., Mill Bay Community League Hall, beside Kerry Park Arena. Info: Jim 250-743-5189 or Pauline 250-733-9886.
• Cowichan Kayak and Canoe Club meetings second Tuesday each month except July and August, 7:30 p.m., socializing time 7-7:30 p.m., Seniors Activity Centre, Duncan. Refreshments provided. Info: cowichankayakandcanoe.wordpress.com
• Cowichan Intercultural Society presents Art Healing Series, Wednesdays, 2-3:30 p.m., Mill Bay Library. Meet to paint, draw, sketch and create art pieces. Info: Francoise firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-748-3112.
• Duncan Badminton Club, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8-10 p.m., October through March Multi-purpose Hall, Island Savings Centre. Recreational and competitive. All welcome. Info: 250-746-4380.
• Youth rowing program, Cowichan Bay Maritime Centre, for ages 10-14. Get some rowing experience with summer staff Thursdays 4-6 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m.-noon. $10 drop-in fee, call ahead to reserve a place: 250-746-4955.
• Shawnigan Residents Association annual general meeting, Thursday, Nov. 19, 7:30 p.m., Hugh Wilkinson Theatre, Shawnigan Lake School. Election of officers, financial report, legal report.
• Fall Sports Fishery Advisory Committee meeting Thursday, Nov. 19, 1 p.m., Valley Fish and Game Club.
• Cowichan Historical Society meeting Nov. 19, 7:30 p.m., St. Peter’s Church Hall, 5800 Church Rd., Duncan. Speaker: military historian Bill Hampson on the history of the Canadian Scottish Regiment and its 100th anniversary.
• Vimy Hall Annual General Meeting, Thursday, Nov. 26, 7:30-9 p.m., 3968 Gibbins Rd.
• ACOA meeting at Duncan Alano Club, 107 Evans St., Duncan, Fridays, 7 p.m.
• Support group for stroke survivors and caregivers every Friday, 1-3 p.m., Cowichan Library, Duncan, multi-purpose room. Different topic each week. Membership $20 per year (less than 50 cents a meeting). Contact: Chris Rafuse email@example.com or 778-455-2095.