Crofton home badly damaged by blaze

Crofton volunteer firefighters extinguished a blaze in a home on Morgan Street on Saturday afternoon.

Crofton volunteer firefighters extinguished a blaze in a home on Morgan Street on Saturday afternoon.

“It was a fire on the outside of the house that got into the rafters,” fire chief Ken Rukus said. “It was a hard fire to fight once it got into the rafters because of the design of the house.”

A series of “stubborn small fires” in the attic caused problems for the firefighters, who were at the house for about two hours, beginning approximately 4:30 p.m.

Three vehicles from the Crofton fire hall attended, along with one from Maple Bay. Approximately 25 firefighters were on the scene. The house sustained extensive damage, and the fire is being investigated by the insurers this week.

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in your inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up
Pop-up banner image