One person was sent to hospital with burns to her hands and feet after a travel trailer caught fire on a Glenora Road property on Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighters from the Duncan fire hall were called to the blaze, which was located on a large pastoral property containing a number of other mobile homes.
Duncan fire chief Mike McKinlay said he was unsure if the woman, who was taken to hospital by ambulance, was the owner or a resident of the trailer.
McKinlay said there was virtually nothing left of the trailer by the time firefighters had put out the blaze at approximately 2 p.m.
He said a number of 20-pound propane tanks located near the trailer, which was in a stand of trees next to a pond of water, were in danger of exploding at the height of the fire, but were all successfully vented off.
McKinlay said the fire department had been to the property before for a vehicle fire, and knowing it might be difficult to reach Tuesday’s blaze, they called the Cowichan Bay fire hall for assistance but it ended up not being needed.
The investigation into the fire is continuing.