Suggestions for Station/Craig street park
To City of Duncan mayor and council:
First, let me question why you hired someone from the United States of America to tell us how to design our parks at Station/Craig Street and Whistler?
As for your request for input, may I suggest:
1. A mural on the wall when we can afford it (Craig Street)
2. Trees; what is a park without shade trees?
3. Flowering shrubs, maybe a bed of permanent flowers
4. More benches and tables
5. Also, please put the Rick Hansen totem in the Station Street park, where it can be seen. He is a Canadian icon, know the world over
6. Black plastic with astro turf
7. Summer students can water and weed the flowers
I went down Whister Street to see just where you planned to put a park. No vacant land — we already have several pars for our homeless people, why create another? Surely we can put our tax money to better use.